A list of my top 10 pro-ana tips and tricks to help you on your weight loss journey.
There are hundreds of pro-ana tips and tricks out there. Dozens of pro-ana websites, blogs, Twitter accounts, etc. Pro-ana has become popular all over the nation and the rest of the world. However with all these sites sharing tips and tricks, we don’t know which ones actually work, which ones are useless, and which ones are dangerous. For today’s post, I wanted to share the top ten pro-ana tips that have worked for me and that are safe. Hopefully these work for you!
- Drink lots of liquids. My biggest tip! Drink zero calorie or low-calorie liquids such as water, tea, coffee, and Diet Coke. Always have a water bottle or Diet Coke can with you. Liquids keep you feeling full, they trick your brain into thinking that you are full without consuming calories. This works for me especially when I’m hungry.
- Chew sugar-free gum. This one is also very useful. Chewing gum keeps your mouth distracted from food. It makes your brain believe that you are eating when you’re actually only chewing gum. Gum comes in handy when your hungry and especially when you’re craving. Also, gum has many flavors!
- Thinspo! I swear by it. Thinspo gives you the motivation you need to keep up with your diet. I recommend either making a thinspo book that you can keep in your purse or having a thinspo album on your phone or laptop. Having pictures of your favorite model or celebrity with you at all times will definitely make you re-think about eating those cookies.
- Distractions. Most of the time we tend to eat because we can, have nothing else to do, or are bored. To avoid this you need to keep yourself distracted from food. Work on homework, find a job, volunteer, do chores, take a shower, paint your nails, etc. When you get the feeling of a binge coming or of bored eating then immediately do something else.
- Don’t keep binge/unhealthy food. If you don’t keep this food that you literally can’t eat it. If you’re actually hungry, you’re not going to wait to go to the store and buy junk, you’re going to eat the healthy, safe food in your house. If you still live with your parents, this might not be easy. A good start is to reduce your intake of these foods so that they notice that you’re eating less of those and more healthy foods so they will start buying groceries differently.
- Know your calories. I have memorized the calories of all the foods I eat on a regular basis. This is important because you should know exactly how much you’re eating and the calories you are consuming. I recommend writing everything down and pretty soon it’ll all be stored in your brain.
- Make a safe and unsafe/binge foods list. Try to eat only the foods on your safe list. These foods should be lower in calorie, fat, etc. Try to avoid your binge foods at all costs or significantly reduce their consumption.
- Make up rules/system. Make your own rules about food or eating. For example, only eat carbs in the morning or avoid sugar or chew your food x amount of times or don’t eat between these hours, etc. It keeps you focused, on track, and organized.
- Take care of yourself. If you are not taking care of yourself, you can become obviously ill so it’s essential you look after yourself. Take vitamins, take good care of your teeth, hair, etc. You will look and feel so much better.
- Exercise. I know that it’s not fun but it’s very useful for weight loss. Try joining a gym, a class, a fitness website, or buy a DVD or a small exercise machine. It makes you feel better, keeps you energized, burns calories, and you look much better.
Soon you will be skinny just keep pushing yourself!