Today I wanted to give you guys some tips for having clear and healthy skin.
A little background on my skin: I first started getting acne in my first year of middle school (6th grade) and it was terrible. They were big and inflated and red. I had moderate to severe acne. Now, nearly 10 years later, I have way less acne and nowhere near as red as inflated as before. I’m trying to get completely clear skin, now.
Here are some of the tips that worked for me:
- Leave the acne alone! This is my biggest tip. When I just left my acne alone, after all this years, it just kind of went away extremely slowly. Don’t pop them, nothing.
- Change your diet. Yes, foods don’t cause acne but eating really greasy/oily and unhealthy food definetely plays a role on your skin.
- Exfoliate. This is very important because all acne is is clogged pores/dirt/oil. Exfoliating gets rid of all the dirt and all the dead skin cells so they won’t clog your pores anymore.
- Antibotics and drying lotions are the best for treating your acne. However, be weary of them. They work by killing the bacteria and therefore, dries your skin a whole lot depending on the medication.
- Moisturize. It is very important so you can get soft and nice skin.
- Be hygenic. Clean your pillow case, clean your makeup brushes, don’t have hair in your face, etc.
- Drink a lot of water! It cleanses your skin.
- Use a mask at least once a week.
A healthy skincare routine includes:
Toning (if you wear a lot of makeup)
Acne treatment-topical or oral or both
I hope I helped 🙂
Tell me how you got rid of your acne!!