We all know the saying, “New year, new me.” Every single New Years Day we see that all over our social media pages. It’s quite funny because I used to say that too. The funny part is that we never actually change ourselves. We have these high expectations for the new year that we always end up falling short and by the end of the year, we’re just just happy it’s all over. So, this year’s catchphrase will officially be, “New year, same bitch with goals.” Enjoy!
Now, that doesn’t mean that I don’t have some goals for this year because trust me, I do. I want to accomplish a few things this year so I decided to share some of these things with the rest of you. However, this year I won’t write down anything too unrealistic or the same New Years Resolutions that I’ve been having for the last 3 years but they have yet to get accomplished. I want something a little more realistic and things that will actually improve my life from last year. Learn from everything that happened in 2016 so the same mistakes won’t be repeated in 2017.
Here are some the goals that I want to accomplish this 2017 year: I want to be able to actually physically check them off as they are accomplished!
- Leave MPA. I’ve said this before, MPA is a toxic place. It’s filled with rich white teenage girls who are incredibly mean to one another. It’s also a horrific site for women with low self-esteem and definitely no recovery or community site. It is very addicting, though.
- Get my driver’s license. I actually want to be able to finally recovery from my dramatic experience at the DMV 1.5 years ago. Since then, I haven’t touched a car and was left dramatized.
- Find a job. I really need my own money. I need a distraction from the same old routine. A job with even just a few hours would benefit me so much.
- Discover a new hobby. I do absolutely nothing which is bad. I hate everything. I’ve tried band, choir, drama, science club, service club, etc and nothing has ever really suited me other than writing. I really want to find something else I am good at and actually enjoy doing during my free time.
- Meet new friends. By the end of the year, I want to have met at least one person. I’m so shy so I really don’t know about this one.
- Pass all my classes. I don’t find this one challenging at all.
- Get a car. I really need a new car so I can drive myself around without having to bug my parents or my sister.
- Get new clothes/makeup. Yeah, I really need this one!
- Eat healthier. I don’t want to eat less or lose weight, I want to actually eat healthier food.
- Take better care of myself. Both physically and mentally. I need to able to learn how to deal with things on my own and take better care of my body.
I think that’s all I have for this 2017 year. What about all you guys? What are your goals and new years resolutions?