Today, I want to talk about how you can stay positive and motivated in times where you feel down. Enjoy!
In light of recent events in my life, I wanted to talk about a topic that is really important in our lives. Everyone has felt like this at some point in their life: you’ve felt that you couldn’t do something. You’ve felt that you were not good enough for something. Maybe it was making the honor roll or a promotion or a bad grade or a breakup (been there, it hurts like hell). You didn’t get something that you wanted or maybe you just feel down about your life at the moment. Personally, this has happened multiple times. So, what do you do?
Well, I think that it’s important to remain positive and regain your self worth and self esteem. You have to remember that sometimes life throws you rocks that you have to jump over to move on to better things. When people or life knocks you down, it’s important not to stay down. You have to be able to pick yourself back up. You need to show them that you can do it and that their negativity will not bring you down.
I know that it can hurt. Feeing that you’re good enough for someone or something is horrible, but you have to work on yourself and not let these insignificant things bring you down.
Here are some ways that I cope with negative feelings about myself:
- Remember that the issue is NOT you. That grade you didn’t like does not define who you are. You are not a grade or a raise, you are a person. These little things are not reflections of us but rather a notion of what others think of our work.
- Think of all the other things you’ve done. When someone tells you that you can’t do something, remember all those other times someone told you that you couldn’t do it and you did it anyway? You could do those things and you can do this as well.
- Use it as motivation. When someone tells me that I can’t do something, it just makes me more motivated to do it. It makes me want to prove them wrong. Take that negative situation and turn it to motivation to keep pushing you to show them in their face that you can do it.
- Talk to people who those who love you. Talking is to someone about how you feel really helps. Letting all those negative emotions go and having someone to listen to you and encourage you helps so much. It reminds you of the people in your life that care about you.
- Remember that you are loved. No matter what others say or the bad things that happen in your life, the people that truly love you will always love you. Those are the people that you need to focus on, not the people trying to bring you down. Your family and friends will always be there and the haters will come and ago.
I hope this helps anyone who is struggling and feeling bad about themselves. You are good enough. You are worthy. You can do this!