Today, I just wanted to share some tips that have helped me stick to my diet and can help you as well. Enjoy!
As you all may know, my blog started out as a daily food journal to help me stick to my diet and report everything I ate. From personal experience, keeping a blog/journal helped me stay on track and report everything I ate. It’s been a year since I’ve created this blog and even though, I don’t restrict myself to writing only about food now, I’ve learned quite a lot in the last year.
I find that sticking to a diet is quite the challenge. Every person who has ever been on a diet will tell you that sticking to it is the hardest part. I know that for me, it has been challenging at times. So I just wanted to share some of the tips that have helped me stick to my diet and hopefully, they can help you too.
- Keep a food diary. This has truly helped me the most. Whether it’s just keeping a journal or creating a blog, writing what you eat is incredibly helpful. It makes everything seem real and you are more likely to be more careful of what you eat if you have to write everything down.
- Find a plan that works for you. One of the biggest dieting mistakes that I’ve made and almost every dieter for that matter is trying to stick to a plan that is not for you. If you love meat and dairy, don’t go vegetarian. If you can’t live without carbs, don’t go on a low-carb diet. Sticking to a plan that isn’t designed for you will only lead to binging and guilt. Instead, try to find a plan that you will enjoy.
- Have cheat days. I know this sounds counterproductive, but having cheat days can actually help you stick to your diet. Eliminating an entire food will only lead to craving and binging, but if you know that you will be able to eat that chocolate bar or burger at the end of the week, you won’t be as tempted.
- Find a community. The need to belong is a strong human feeling. By finding the right community for you, you will be more motivated to keep up the good work and you will also know that you are not alone on your weight loss journey.
- Forgive yourself. Hey, everyone makes mistakes. We all mess up sometimes, and that’s OK. You can’t let yourself get caught up in that moment, you must be able to forgive yourself and move on with your goals.
I hope that you found these tips helpful; they have certainly helped me throughout my weight loss journey.